Movie Durations

Support forum for the MovieLibrary program.

Movie Durations

Postby DickyP » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:44 am

This is another Problem which may originate in MetaX.

Having just done another batch of tagging in MetaX, I imported my newly tagged acquisitions into MovieLibrary. When they arrived they all showed a duration of 0:00. An example is 'Unknown' which has full set of chapter durations when you look at it in MetaX, but imports showing just 2 chapters of 1 second each. See attached pikkis.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong as previously I've not had a problem.

Duration 01 - MX.png
Chapters in MetaX
Duration 01 - MX.png (10.23 KiB) Viewed 4446 times

Duration 02 - ML.png
Chapters in MovieLibrary
Duration 02 - ML.png (4.45 KiB) Viewed 4446 times
DickyP

Re: Movie Durations

Postby danhi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:27 pm

I just tagged a bunch of TV Episodes, and didn't see the problem. Does it happen all the time now, or just this once.

Also, I don't know if you've seen the post I did in the MetaX forum. I'm going to start charging $9.95 for MetaX, because I just didn't get any donations. But I don't have any plans to charge for MovieLibrary, as I don't have that many people that use it.

Anyway, let me know any more details (does it just happen with movies, or do you see it with TV as well), does it happen all the time, anything else that might help.

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Postby DickyP » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:10 am

Have been doing a fair bit of research testing into this one as it also seemed silly to me. I think I've identified circumstances which do and don't show durations in MovieLibrary. The problem is that it is recent and films (or TV shows etc) tagged back in July seemed to import with accurate durations.

If I encode with chapter markers they show in MetaX when I tag the item (Movie, TV Show Episode or Music Video), but if I mark the chapters to be tagged then when I subsequently add the item to MovieLibrary it shows incorrectly as 2 x 1 second chapters as in the original graphic.

This is the same if I combine the chapters into one using the 'Merge' button, and mark it for tagging. (If I delete all the chapter information and mark it for tagging then it throws an Arithmetic overflow fault in MetaX so irrelevant for this ML problem).

If I encode without chapter markers and then tag in MetaX without tagging the chapter information, or encode with Chapter markers and delete them in MetaX and don't mark for tagging then the video item subsequently adds to MovieLibrary showing a duration and a single chapter of hh:mm:ss.

Duration 03 - ML.png
Single chapter
Duration 03 - ML.png (1.78 KiB) Viewed 4402 times

I can confirm that all the video items have been encoded using the same version of Handbrake with the same settings.

Do you think there is any percentage in uninstalling Movie Library then reinstalling a freshly downloaded copy, in case something has got corrupted?
DickyP

Postby danhi » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:08 pm

First I fixed the bug with the arithmetic overflow, you can pick up the private in the usual place.

OK, I see the problem. If you manually add the file, you get the weird durations. If you let MetaX automatically keep ML in sync, you don't (any reason you don't use this option? One less step).

But to fix the problem, copy the files libmp4v2.dll and MP4V2VBWrapper.dll from your MetaX directory into your Movielibrary directory. Not sure how the bad ones got in ML, but this fixes it for me.

Let me know if this fixes the problem. You can always just delete and re-add any that have the bad duration once you have the fix working.

Also, did you ever try the private I put up to figure out the not opening the log problem, or did it just go away on its own?

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Postby DickyP » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:25 am

I'll try the changes - but in the interim the answer to why I'm not keeping ML in sync is that I run multiple ML databases (for Movies, TV shows and Music Videos), and I run ML on 2 PCs - my desktop and my laptop which travels with me.
DickyP

Postby DickyP » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:03 am

Ref the "Also, did you ever try the private I put up to figure out the not opening the log problem, or did it just go away on its own?" I couldn't replicate the problem in ML once I installed MetaX v 2.12 which I did before you made the 'private' for me to try, so I didn't bother as I couldn't prove anything.
DickyP

Postby DickyP » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:13 am

Third reply - swapping the dlls as instructed solved problem. Didn't even have to delete and re-import as right click and 'Refresh' did the job!

Thanks.
DickyP

Return to MovieLibrary