TV Shows and Export

Support forum for the MovieLibrary program.

Re: TV Shows and Export

Postby danhi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:45 pm

OK, this took a bit of work as I didn't think things through when I created the index facility. But as long as you haven't lost your idx file, here's what you can do:

First download a new http://www.danhinsley.com/downloads/MovieLibrary.exe
Next back up the database (mxa and idx)
Next compact the database
Then delete the idx file
Start up ML. It will rebuild the index. If you have tv episodes with a 0 episode number, it will allow you to supply one.

Let me know how this works. Note the compact and both saves will probably take a while.

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Postby DickyP » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:37 am

Thanks for this. I've tried to do as exhaustive testing as I can (and the new TV search facility really made this a lot easier).

Having followed the process above the resulting re-indexed database showed no incorrect mappings. (it was interesting to not that during the re-creation of the index there must have been more than 30 episodes numbered 0 - mostly but not all really episodes 1.

However, a small, but noticeable, number of episodes (as far as I can tell the ones that were 0s) were then missing completely from the re-indexed database. I was able to add these without any problem/duplication/indexing confusions etc. Have been unable to find any 0s subsequently.

I have subsequently, for test purposes, added 1) single episodes, 2) multiple episodes (Add From File), 3) Multiple episodes from a single Folder (Add from Folder), and 4) Multiple episodes for multiple seasons from a folder tree. Have also deleted and re-added after compacting.

All in all I now have a pretty coherent database for which I am grateful.
DickyP

Postby DickyP » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:06 am

Subsequent to my previous post reporting success there has been a slight glitch. All was going swimmingly until as I closed ML down it crashed (unfortunately the error message came and went before I could record it). Subsequently the DB was corrupted and would no longer open.

I thought - no problem, perfect time to do a rebuild. This also went well with my Movies and Music Videos but the TV Shows when I tried a global Add From Folder loaded everything but also loaded a whole number of entries which were marked as 'Virtual' in the Kind box. Where they existed they meant that the # of Episodes field showed 1 however many episodes there were for the season.

I thought this might be because the folder tree had too many levels ..\TV Shows\Show Name\season\Files etc and so I subsequently added the folders from Show Level only, which seemed to work.

The next problem is that after adding several hundred movies/episodes etc the artwork started to disappear for the the ones loaded earliest in the process as soon as I compacted the database. The artwork for the TV Show Season green entries disappears if I refresh them.
DickyP

Postby danhi » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:59 pm

First, hopefully you backed up your original files as I suggested so you don't lose any work (I would hate to completely rebuild my database, as one thing it can't get from that is what tags you've set).

Definitely one of the problems is that if the program crashes, it can leave the database in a corrupt state. My database is too large to want to make a copy before updating it, and since I back up all changed files every night, if it did corrupt the database (which has never happened to me, knock on wood) it wouldn't be a problem. Wish you could remember the error, as I would like to fix this.

I suspect I know what the cover art disappearing problem is. One of the things I have to do when doing mass add/save's is delete the cover art when I'm done with it, or the program runs out of memory. I must have done this somewhere I shouldn't. I'll take a look at this sometime this week (caught me at busy moment).

The Virtual entries should be for the TV Series/Season (so I can keep track of how many episodes).

Anyway, I'll take a look at recreating the problems by building a new database and get back to you.
danhi
Site Admin

Postby DickyP » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:20 am

I did have the database from before the process: unfortunately the crash was after I'd run the re-index and done a few changes. I had copies after the compact before the re-index as well but I thought I'd just "grasp the nettle" as it was probably a suitable time to re-build.

As I say the only problem I have now is missing pictures - everything else seems to be as it should be. By the way the pictures ARE there on the TV Show virtual entries.
DickyP

Postby danhi » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:34 am

Well, I'm not having any luck recreating this. I did find a bug where if you have a database open,then click new to create a new one and then do adds before exiting and restarting, it will fault. I'll fix this, but I have no idea if it was the first crash you saw. Do you remember the sequence of events?

What I did:

I created a directory c:\download\temp\test\test\test\test and put some tv shows in there, then added the folder c:\download\temp and they all added fine.

I created a new database, then added 719 tv episodes across multiple directories, exited, then started it back up and added 622 movies, then compacted, exited, then checked for entries with no cover art and didn't find any.

I'd love to track these down if you could come up with a recreation scenario that I could use.

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Postby DickyP » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:12 am

Though I'd better just put a reply to show I'd seen your post. As I will now do a serious range of testing it may, I suspect, be some time before I come up with something useable.
DickyP

Postby danhi » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:58 am

OK, let me know what if you can find a reproducible scenario and I'll try to figure out what's going on.

Also, there's a new entry in Validate called no cover art that will list all the items with no cover art, then you can use the refresh option to fix them.

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Postby DickyP » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:08 am

Taking your final point first - when I had the problem refresh wasn't really an option: with several hundred picture-less files it was quicker to re-build the database again.

Just done re-build where I ended up with a 'correct' database! Wasn't altogether smooth as there was one folder - my Music Videos - which when using the Add Folder option - always threw an error (see below) but let me add all the files using 'Add File' with a multiple selection.

I then added the \Movies folder which has sub folders for each letter of the alphabet (plus a folder named '1' for those movie titles which begin with numbers).

Finally added the \TV Shows folder which has sub folders for each show and beneath that sub folders for each season.

No further problems experienced.

The BIG difference between the new database I created and the old ones was this one is on my local hard drive, whereas the previous ones were on my NAS where the mp4 files are all located. I have an ethernet network so it isn't wireless problems.

Add Folder to Library: \\MYBOOKWORLD\Public\Shared Videos\Music Videos (20 MP4 Files) threw up:"See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at MovieLibrary.Global.IdxContainsKey(String key, Boolean close)
at MovieLibrary.Global.AddMovie(String fn)
at MovieLibrary.mainForm.GetNewMovies(String p)
at MovieLibrary.mainForm.mnuImportFolder_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6407 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MovieLibrary
Assembly Version: 2.9.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.9.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/No%20Bull%20Software/MovieLibrary/MovieLibrary.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.6387 (Win8RTM.050727-6300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6401 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6402 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6401 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6387 (Win8RTM.050727-6300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Interop.iTunesLib
Assembly Version: 1.13.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.13.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/No%20Bull%20Software/MovieLibrary/Interop.iTunesLib.DLL
System.Management
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6387 (Win8RTM.050727-6300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6411 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6411 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box."
DickyP

Postby danhi » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:30 pm

Well I couldn't recreate this, but I only saw one place where this could happen, so now I log the error instead of failing. Download MovieLibrary.exe from the usual place and let me know if this fixes it.

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MovieLibrary