TV Shows and Export

Support forum for the MovieLibrary program.

TV Shows and Export

Postby DickyP » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Just been installing everything on a new PC and as my old XML editor won't run I exported items using the tab separated option, which I'd not done since you implemented the xml export some time back.

For some reason the export facility although it happily exports a tab separated record for each the movies currently displayed, only exports one record if multiple episodes of a show are displayed (the first one) . Investigating this throws up another 'feature' which may, or may not, be connected. ML seems to import and add Episodes #1 as #0 (empty). See attached pikki for comparison of what is reeported in ML and what is in file as edited in MetaX.

TV Export Error 001.jpg
Comparison of tags in MetaX and as shown in Movie Library
TV Export Error 001.jpg (97.98 KiB) Viewed 3656 times
DickyP

Re: TV Shows and Export

Postby danhi » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:23 am

Do you have export episodes checked under preference export fields?

I just tried adding a folder full of TV Episodes, and Episode 1 displayed as Episode 1. Are you sure the episode field in the file labeled as the first episode was really set to 1?

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Postby DickyP » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:38 pm

Yes - hence the right hand side of the picture I attached which is the file in MetaX.
DickyP

Postby DickyP » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:05 am

2nd reply.

Firstly, the bigger problem is the delimited export only exporting one record when a number of Episodes are displayed.

Secondly, did a bit more investigation and found that normally Episode 1s do import correctly numbered when use Add File to add multiple episodes but not always. Haven't been able to replicate problem at all when using Add Folder.
DickyP

Postby danhi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:51 am

I'm talking about Preferences->Set Export fields->Export Episodes. Do you have that checked?

And if you can figure out when the episode goes to 0, I'll take a look at that, but I'll need an idea of when it happens.

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Postby DickyP » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:15 am

First question is Yes. Setting seems to have no effect - exports all anyway as .xml and just one anyway as .txt.

Secondly - although it ain't a priority - I try and work out the exact circumstances.

Lastly on minor 'feature' I've discovered - I wrote an xsd schema for my exported xml file and it generated a problem - turns out that the LongDescription Filed exports with the tag <LongDescrription> - eg, 2 'r's.
DickyP

Postby danhi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:20 pm

Fixed the misspelling of LongDescription.

I rationalized the two ways that I generate export files, so they should work the same (and correctly) now. Download http://www.danhinsley.com/downloads/MovieLibrary.exe and give it a whirl and let me know what you find.

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Postby DickyP » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:23 am

Tried the exporting for both xml and txt with both 'Export Episodes' set and unset: all four work as expected. Thanks.

Now off to change my schema! Cheers.

Did you ever give any further thought to Search topic I raised about searching for TV Shows, where the Title search is not really very helpful as so many are just called Part 1, Episode 1 etc, etc.
DickyP

Postby danhi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:54 am

Glad it's working.

The other item is still on my list, but haven't gotten around to thinking about it yet.

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Postby DickyP » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:42 am

Done some more investigation and the 0/empty episodes are clearly just examples of a more general display problem. There seems to be a problem with the indexing of the list in some way and if I list the entire database showing all TV Episodes (2,305 items: 805 movies, 1,480 TV episodes and 20 Music Videos) there are several incorrect mappings/entries. I have attached a picture showing just one example where the list says it's Medium Season 7 Episode 1 and the details Terra Nova Season 1 Episode 1. If I do a search on Terra Nova Season 1 using the new search facility, or double click on a green entry when Episodes are NOT displayed to open the season Listing screen the 'Medium Season 7 Episode 1' entry appears where the Terra Nova one should be in the results lists.

Indexing 3.jpg
Example
Indexing 3.jpg (74.58 KiB) Viewed 3623 times

New Search 02.jpg
Search Results
New Search 02.jpg (59.49 KiB) Viewed 3620 times

Is there some way of completely regenerating the index without recreating the DB? Compacting appears to have no effect.
DickyP

Next

Return to MovieLibrary