Version 2.06 Search Behaviour Query

Support forum for the MovieLibrary program.

Version 2.06 Search Behaviour Query

Postby DickyP » Wed May 04, 2011 11:26 am

Hi Dan, Just installed v2.06 and noticed a subtle change in the search behaviour (see description below). Can you confirm that it is intentional.

2.6 Search.png
Search Dialog
2.6 Search.png (3.36 KiB) Viewed 5652 times

If you just open the search dialog and click [OK] nothing is returned (as the first entry in the left hand (Genre) list is selected and this appears to be nothing/No Genre). I used to do this to clear any search previously I'd done as it returned everything, but now I need to select the *All* row beneath it to clear the search. Unfortunately I can't remember for certain whether this empty option was there previously, but seem to think it wasn't.

If it is a deliberate 'No Genre' option then shouldn't *All* be the default.
DickyP

Re: Version 2.06 Search Behaviour Query

Postby danhi » Wed May 04, 2011 2:12 pm

Looks like you got a blank genre in the user defined genres in MetaX. That's why you see the blank entry at the top. Bring up MetaX and left click in the genres box. It'll show you all the user defined genres. You can then either clear them or just delete the blank one.
danhi
Site Admin

Postby DickyP » Thu May 05, 2011 12:07 am

Thanks for the prompt response. Problem now resolved.

I didn't think I had any user defined Genres but I opened the User Genres dialog in MetaX anyway and, as I expected, it was empty. I just closed it (without clicking the Clear) and it did the trick in MovieLibrary.

Obviously there is a connection between the two programmes, so out of interests how do genres work if you are running MovieLibrary and not MetaX as I do on my Laptop?
DickyP

Postby danhi » Thu May 05, 2011 8:54 am

If you create a user-defined genre in MetaX, then MovieLibrary will use it. It knows where the MetaX files are from the registry. Since MovieLibrary is only designed to read existing files, not change any of the tags, there's nothing in it for user-defined genres.

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Postby DickyP » Fri May 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Continuing out out of simple nosiness, your 'solution' implied that the search dialogue Genres list in MovieLibrary was populated from the set of Genres in MetaX - I assume that if MetaX is not present it is populated from the set of Genres present in MovieLibrary, otherwise how could the change in MetaX change the dialogue in MovieLibrary, or MovieLibrary work in isolation?
DickyP

Postby danhi » Fri May 06, 2011 1:29 pm

There are two sets of genres, the built-in ones that you get regardless of whether MetaX is installed or not, and user-defined genres that you create in MetaX and then will be recognized in MovieLibrary.
danhi
Site Admin

Postby DickyP » Mon May 09, 2011 9:01 am

Thanks - I'll now 'shut up'. :D
DickyP

Postby danhi » Mon May 09, 2011 9:30 am

No problem, always good to get your feedback.
danhi
Site Admin

Return to MovieLibrary