Multiple genres

Support forum for the MovieLibrary program.

Multiple genres

Postby auburnrose55 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:16 pm

MetaX can save multiple genres to a movie file, but MovieLibrary gives a warning emssage for files with multiple genres, and then can't find any of the file's genres in a search. Between MetaX and MovieLibrary, can you add the ability to store and then search for multiple genres?

Thanks!
auburnrose55

Re: Multiple genres

Postby danhi » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:17 am

I just tried this and it worked fine. Can you provide the steps that you used and the particular error message you received from MovieLibrary?
danhi
Site Admin

Postby auburnrose55 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:00 am

On Win7 64bit:

1: Movie is Courage Under Fire, in metaX selected genres Drama and Military & War, saved the file.
2. Close MetaX, open Movie Library
3. Select Courage Under Fire from the left pane Movie list...both genres are in the file as expected
4. MovieLibrary>Search> select Drama in genre list, no other selections. Courage Under Fire does NOT appear in the search results
5. Repeat step 4 to select Military & War genre. Same result, the movie is not found
6. Tried to select both Drama and Military & War genres to see if an exact multi-genre match is possible. Not able to select multiple genres in the search box.

So the 2 genres do appear in the MovieLibrary listings, but neither genre can be matched in the search.

Thanks!
auburnrose55

Postby danhi » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:36 pm

I don't seem to have this problem. Can you put your two movielibrary files (.idx and .mxa) somewhere on the net where I can download them and see what's going on? If you don't have a place on the net, let me know and I'll set up a directory on my website where you can post them.
danhi
Site Admin

Postby auburnrose55 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:03 pm

I'd be glad to provide those files, but I don't have a place on the web to drop them, please provide a location. Thanks!!
auburnrose55

Return to MovieLibrary