Volumes instead of season?!?

MetaX is a movie tagging program that will search the internet for information and write out tags into an mp4 or m4v file. It interfaces with Amazon, tagChimp, B&N and IMDB.

Volumes instead of season?!?

Postby joonboi » Fri May 20, 2016 8:46 pm

Hi, I've just encountered something I do not know how to handle. I PREFFER to use iTunes metadata as much as I can, but I ran into a hiccup with the TV show "TRON: Uprising" there was only one season but iTunes split it into two volumes. When tagging, I can only get the info for the first maybe 10 episodes, where the remainder it cannot find (I have to put it at season 0 for this result) if I use the tvdb (my second choice) it has the first episode listed as a special...

What options do I have for a show that rather than split by seasons, has been split by Volumes?
joonboi

Re: Volumes instead of season?!?

Postby danhi » Sat May 21, 2016 12:08 pm

I actually regret supporting the iTunes source, as they built this for music and they really don't have a good structure for TV shows. I already have to bend over backward and try three different ways they have of listing TV Shows, and now this is a fourth!

Anyway, download http://www.danhinsley.com/downloads/itunesfix.exe into your metax directory and run it instead of metax. Use season 1 for the episodes that are in volume 1, and season 2 for the ones in volume 2.

Let me know.

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Return to MetaX