How do I add iTunes 'advisory badges' like 'Extras'?

MetaX is a movie tagging program that will search the internet for information and write out tags into an mp4 or m4v file. It interfaces with Amazon, tagChimp, B&N and IMDB.

How do I add iTunes 'advisory badges' like 'Extras'?

Postby cludger » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:03 am

Hi

I have been able to amend the details in my iTunes library without any trouble.

Aim
However, I would like to add one or two 'advisory badges' (similar to the HD or PG rating badges) that are displayed in the movie description within iTunes.

Reason
This is because whilst many of the movies ratings are appropriate for our family, we find some movies where we disagree with the official rating as being either too cautious - or the opposite - where it is more suitable for older audiences.
As an example, we have some 15 movies which we would prefer to exercise caution over. Obviously we could change the rating to 18 or Unrated, but we would prefer to keep the official rating, but add another helpful advisory label that we feel is more suitable for our family.

Question
I noticed that there is an iTunes Extras label added to some movies, so I guess that somehow it is possible, but I cannot see how to do it.
Is there a way to have iTunes display 3 different labels at the same time? For example : HD, 15, plus 'Caution' or some other simple words like 'May be offensive'?

Thanks in advance for any ideas and help!
Attachments
Inserting iTunes badges 1.png
Example of our iTunes Library 'labels'
Inserting iTunes badges 1.png (198.02 KiB) Viewed 2116 times
cludger

Re: How do I add iTunes 'advisory badges' like 'Extras'?

Postby danhi » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:22 am

I don't think this is a metatag that is in the file, but it's information kept in the iTunes database, so I don't think I can help. You know you can set the ratings to whatever you think appropriate in MetaX, right?
danhi
Site Admin

Postby cludger » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:22 pm

danhi wrote:I don't think this is a metatag that is in the file, but it's information kept in the iTunes database, so I don't think I can help. You know you can set the ratings to whatever you think appropriate in MetaX, right?

Thanks. I wondered if that was the case.
Yes I can change the ratings. It was just an idea.

Thank you though.
cludger

Postby cludger » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:52 am

danhi wrote:I don't think this is a metatag that is in the file, but it's information kept in the iTunes database, so I don't think I can help. You know you can set the ratings to whatever you think appropriate in MetaX, right?

Thank you Dan.

Yes I can set the ratings.
I hoped there might be a way, but I understand and I will just change the rating. If I think of another way I will post it.

Cludger
cludger

Return to MetaX