Bug. Strip () from files inconsistant

MetaX is a movie tagging program that will search the internet for information and write out tags into an mp4 or m4v file. It interfaces with Amazon, tagChimp, B&N and IMDB.

Bug. Strip () from files inconsistant

Postby gtholder » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:55 am

Dan,
Assuming I am using the function correctly It appears as though the strip () info from files is only working with .mp4 files.

I have the function selected in the data section with the expectation that when doing the search on the title it will ignore anything in the parenthesis. so if I select "Die Another Day (2002).extension" in the queue to start the search what should go into the search would be "Die another Day". With .mp4 files this functions as expected, however with .mkv's the year (data in the parenthesis) is not stripped for the search. I don't know if it works properly with any other file types as I don't have any available to test on. However this behavior is consistently reproducible 100% of the time on my system when using .mp4 and .mkv files.

I am using MetaX 2.49 on win7-64

Thanks for looking into this,
Gary
gtholder

Re: Bug. Strip () from files inconsistant

Postby danhi » Sun May 03, 2015 2:56 am

Download http://www.danhinsley.com/downloads/gary.exe into your MetaX directory and run it instead of MetaX and it should fix the problem.

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Re: Bug. Strip () from files inconsistant

Postby gtholder » Fri May 15, 2015 5:51 am

Dan,
Everything works great with this version.

Sorry it took so long to download the fix and provide feedback.

Thanks!
Gary
gtholder

Return to MetaX