Request - Adding Chapters

MetaX is a movie tagging program that will search the internet for information and write out tags into an mp4 or m4v file. It interfaces with Amazon, tagChimp, B&N and IMDB.

Request - Adding Chapters

Postby arielreyes001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:48 am

Hi,
This is a request to make it a little easier to add a chapter. The Split chapter window is a little confusing. Each time I use it, I end up having to do it twice or three times because it's not too clear, and the instructions in the manual aren't specific on how it is used :?: . How about a "add chapter" button which allows you to enter either the duration, or the from start point, or both.
That's all :)
arielreyes001

Re: Request - Adding Chapters

Postby danhi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:11 am

Not sure what's confusing. I did just add a feature in the last release (V2.49) that will display at what time the added chapter will start.
danhi
Site Admin

Postby arielreyes001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:59 am

Sorry that I wasn't very clear. For example, I wanted to add a chapter between the last two already existing chapters. I didn't know which one needed to be split, the last chapter or the one before, so on the first try I split the last one and it turned out I should have split the second to last chapter.
Also, when splitting a chapter you have to know how much time to move it between the current chapter and the next. But typically we add a chapter at a specific time code, which is calculated from the beginning of the file not from the previous chapter. For example:

# - chp. Title - Duration - From start
26 - they attack - [10:00:00] - 1:25:17
27 - End Credits - [15:00:00] - 1:35:17

I'd like to add a chapter in between chapters 26 and 27. If I'm watching the movie, then I see that I need add the chapter at time code 1:28:44. If I split chapter 26, then I have to calculate between 1:25:17 and 1:28:44 and move the marker that much, which in this case is 0:03:27. Where Ideally, I can just say "add chapter" at time code 1:28:44.

I will update now and see if the new feature, to display where a chapter will start, is what I'm referring to. It kind of sounds like it is, with the exception that you would still need to scrub or move the marker over to your desired position as opposed to just entering a time code. But as long as the time displayed is calculated from the beginning, the we're good!
I guess when I opened it I didn't get the alert there was a new one, otherwise I would have tried it first... sorry!

Thanks again...
arielreyes001

Postby arielreyes001 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:03 am

As an update, version 2.49 which displays the start time for the chapter IS what I was referring to. Now we can tell exactly where it will be.
Thanks!
arielreyes001

Return to MetaX