Bugs/requests/questions

MetaX is a movie tagging program that will search the internet for information and write out tags into an mp4 or m4v file. It interfaces with Amazon, tagChimp, B&N and IMDB.

Bugs/requests/questions

Postby arielreyes001 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:36 am

Hi!
I'm including a youtube link that helps explain the issues mentioned below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxGeo9wPGBU&feature=youtu.be

I wonder if this is a problem with iTunes or with Metax. Perhaps you can help answer that. When searching for Sherlock, the results include iTunes and the tvdb, when i choose iTunes it returns the error that there are no entries. Note when you do your tests that the episode numbering is quite different in TVDB from iTunes. Im trying to save the the iTunes way. If that doesn't work I'll go back to the tvdb episode ordering. Also, you'll notice season 2 episode 2 turns into "vanderbump rules" or something like that: itunes or metax?

Bug 1 - If you start writing, you're not able to cancel. As you'll see in the attached video, it just keeps going.
Bug 2 - Unable to read episodes that are 3 digits. you'll notice episode 102 in season 2 gets turned into episode 10. It removes the 2 at the end.

Feature request - when it does not find an entry in tvdb (in this case the episodes are numbered as per iTunes), you have to continually keep pressing ok. My setting for "reply yes" to all confirmations is checked. So can we add that notification to it so that we don't have to keep pressing OK? you'll notice that right toward the end of the video. Or maybe a "Apply to all" checkmark added to the dialog so that you can choose each time if you want to keep pressing ok or not.

That's all for now,

Thanks,
AR
arielreyes001

Re: Bugs/requests/questions

Postby danhi » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:11 pm

First, sorry for the delay in responding, I don't seem to be notified when a new one comes in.

The problem is that for some odd reason iTunes calls this Sherlock, Series 2 not Sherlock Season 2 like everything else. I don't want to do a lot of work to try and handle this oddity in iTunes.

As far as not being able to cancel, this is a problem I can't fix. MetaX is "blind" while it's writing, so I only get to check for the cancel button between writes (there's not way to cancel the one in process). If you keep hitting the cancel button, you should be able to catch it between writes.

Are you sure you have reply yes to all confirms checked? If you do it shouldn't put up a popup.

As far as 3 digit episode number, just change the regex to [Ss](\d\d*)[Ee](\d\d*)

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Postby arielreyes001 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:14 pm

No worries the the belated reply!
I see what you mean about iTunes calling it "Series". Here's what I know: In the UK they usually use Series instead of Season. If you search the UK store they will all say "Series" unless they are an US show. That being said, why Sherlock and others say Series even when searching the US store is beyond my knowledge. However, Sherlock is not the only one. A few others: Robin Hood, Torchwood, Planet Earth, The Fall, The paradise...
I would say it is for BBC shows that air here, but some, which that applies to, still say Season, such as Luther. It's hard to find the common denominator between all the ones which say series in the US iTunes store.
I've re-checked and the "Reply Yes" is checked... I'll check to see if it happens again...
Thanks,
AR
arielreyes001

Postby danhi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:10 am

This appears to be a problem unique to iTunes. If you use TVDB for Robin Hood, Torchwood, ... it comes back fine.
danhi
Site Admin

Return to MetaX