Feature Request - Choose Cover Art

MetaX is a movie tagging program that will search the internet for information and write out tags into an mp4 or m4v file. It interfaces with Amazon, tagChimp, B&N and IMDB.

Feature Request - Choose Cover Art

Postby tameanaka » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:23 am

It would be great if the ability to choose cover art from moviedb and the like all within MetaX. Sometimes the cover grabbed by MetaX is not always the one I'd like, and then I have to go to moviedb and copy the img i want and paste it into MetaX. Maybe this is already a feature and I'm missing something?
tameanaka

Re: Feature Request - Choose Cover Art

Postby danhi » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:15 pm

First, sorry for the delayed response, I didn't see this posting.

As far as getting the cover art from tmdb, it should just work. are you getting the other data from tmdb, just not the cover? if so, can you give me a movie name to check?

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Postby tameanaka » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:20 pm

It is getting the cover art fine. However it is only grabbing the "top" cover, which sometimes isn't the desired one. Does that make sense? It would be great to be able to choose the cover from all that tmdb has to offer for a particular title. This would be in replacement to going onto the website, finding the movie, going to covers, and copy/paste in MetaX.

Something similar to the way Kodi / XBMC does it where you can choose the art from whatever is available on tmdb.
tameanaka

Postby tameanaka » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:03 pm

It gets the cover art just fine, however it only gets the "top" cover. I want the ability to choose from all that tmdb has to offer from within MetaX. Sometimes the "top" cover isn't the one i'd like and then have to go on the site and copy/paste the cover I'd like.

This would be something similar to the way Kodi/XBMC does it where you can choose the poster/cover art.
tameanaka

Return to MetaX