Failed Sending Data To iTunes

MetaX is a movie tagging program that will search the internet for information and write out tags into an mp4 or m4v file. It interfaces with Amazon, tagChimp, B&N and IMDB.

Re: Failed Sending Data To iTunes

Postby mike3107 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:01 am

Ok thanks, it seems strange that no one else seems to have this problem or at least have not reported it, so I will keep trying to get to the bottom of it, if in the meantime you do come up with some things I can try could you please let me know and thanks for the help so far.

Mike
mike3107

Postby danhi » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:50 am

Will do. And if you ever figure out what's causing it, please post about it here.

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Postby mike3107 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:07 am

Yes will do.
mike3107

Postby PeterM » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:37 pm

I just purchased MetaX and I have been having the same issue with it not being able to connect to iTunes. I have tried it on a Windows 7 (64) Machine and on XP (32) and I get the same results. I upgraded my itunes, reinstalled MetaX, tried different program launch sequences (with iTunes running already, clean start with MetaX, etc.) and I always get the same result.
Help!
PeterM

Postby mike3107 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi Peter, I was beginning to wonder if it was just me having this problem, as I stated before I have completly done a fresh install of Windows 7 64 bit and Metax with nothing else on my machine and it still fails, so I am pretty sure the problem is with Metax, if you do find a solution or anyone else can you please post here and likewise I will do the same.

Thanks

Mike
mike3107

Postby andrewwhite168 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:27 am

I get the same issue, win 7 64, latest build of metzx and itunes and the pc is fully patched. I also have done a full system reinstall and still get the issue
andrewwhite168

Postby danhi » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 am

Is everyone getting the error with 80080005 in it? Searching the web this always seems to be trying to attach to something that running under different user credentials. For example, if I start iTunes normally, I can attach just fine. But if I start iTunes as administrator, then try to attach I get this error. So somehow the user credentials that iTunes is running under is different from MetaX. Try this (if you have admin privileges) right click on your iTunes icon and start as admin, then do the same for metax and see if it connects correctly. If so, you're going to have to figure out what user account each of the apps is running in and then make them the same.

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Postby andrewwhite168 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:23 am

The only errors i get when i check the Send data to itunes after writing box are "Couldn't connect to iTunes" and then "Could not attach to Itunes". If i then try and quit itunes with metax still open i get a message from itunes saying " One or more applications are using the itunes scripting interface. Are you sure you want to Quit?" I have tried running both programs as administrator and no change. Metax does however start itunes automatically when the tick box is set and gives the one error of "Couldn't connect to Itunes". I have checked through the windows 7 logs and there is nothing visible at the time of starting both apps.
andrewwhite168

Postby danhi » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:20 pm

I've found something that fixed this for one user. Go to http://www.binaryfortress.com/itunes-com-fix/ and download the app and run it. Let me know if this fixes it for you.

Dan
danhi
Site Admin

Postby mike3107 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi Dan,

Have tried this fix and does not work for me, still getting the same error cannot connect to iTunes.
mike3107

PreviousNext

Return to MetaX